Recipe by Mille®
Serve these chops with a crisp green salad, your favourite dressing and baked potatoes.
Top Review by Steve_G
As an avid lamb lover I'm always looking for new ways to cook it. This was very simple and produced a beautiful crust. I saved the fat that I trimmed, rendered it in a hot skillet, browned some garlic and shallots and deglazed with a dry red. A bit of salt and pepper and produced a nice sauce.
- 6 large lamb chops
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces very fine fresh white breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the chops of most of their fat with a small sharp knife, scraping the long bone to make a sort of handle.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Dust them on both sides with flour and tap them lightly to shake off any that does not stick.
- Dip the chops first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing them on so that they form an even coating.
- Heat the broiler to red-hot and broil the chops fast, turning them frequently.
- They will take about 12 minutes altogether.