Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
We took a lot of recipes and made our own up until we loved the results. We put some hot sauce in some but my hubby adds his own in his glass also as he likes it spicy. Times for cooking are a guess as we made more then one pot. This is our 3rd year making this.
- 14 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 6 large green peppers, chopped
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 4 teaspoons horseradish
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 large beets, cooked separate then chopped
- 8 large carrots, cooked and chopped
- Place all ingredients except lemon juice in a large pot; bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Cool a bit (my hubby used the food mill to put everything through).
- Return juice to pot, stir in lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Pour in hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process for 40 minutes.