Recipe by Naal
After much experimentation, this is my husband's variation of the homemade microwave popcorn recipes we have come across. It tastes great!
Top Review by SouthCountryMom
This is very good and every bit as easy as the recipe says it is. I just made 2 batches. The first I made just as described below. I kept having to add minutes to the 'Popcorn' setting so the second batch, which was made for my teenage grandson and my nephew of the same age, I added a bit more oil (I used Canola oil) and sprinkled a little bit of sea salt in the bag and I set the microwave for 5 minutes. It took about 4 minutes so the 5 minute setting is much better for me with my microwave. Thank you for posting this easy to prepare and easy clean-up recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup popcorn, kernels
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour popcorn in a paper lunch sack.
- Add oil and butter.
- Fold the top of the bag over twice (approximately 3/4" folds).
- Shake to distribute the oil.
- Place on its side on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave on the popcorn setting (or set for 5 minutes and remove when there is 3 seconds between pops).
- Plate will be hot - use a potholder to remove it from the microwave.
- Open carefully because of steam and hot buttery spots on bag. Add salt to taste.