Recipe by Ed the Fish
I originally had this dish at a Detroit area cajun restaurant called Fish Bones. Some people prefer it to be a little spicier, if so, add some cayenne pepper.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces tomato sauce
- 10 ounces water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- salt, to taste
- 1 -2 lb crawfish tail meat
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in large stock pot.
- Once melted, add garlic, onion, and green pepper.
- Saute veggies over medium heat until they are limp and almost translucent.
- Turn to low heat add can of cream of mushroom soup and tomato sauce.
- At most add 10 oz.
- of water, adding less water will lead to a thicker sauce.
- Once veggies and sauce are well-blended, add lemon juice, salt, parsley, worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper if desired.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Add crawfish tail meat cook another fifteen minutes stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add green onions and cook for a final 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice, goes well with corn bread as a side.