Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We smoke-grilled a Boston butt all day long and served this sauce with the meat. It was fabulous. The best Easter dinner served with roasted sweet potatoes, and spinach sauteed with garlic. We have in our freezer roasted garlic previously frozen in ice cube trays and popped out into ziploc bags. We do this after crawfish boils. If you've ever been to a crawfish boil you'd understand. Our dry rub consists of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent and add the roasted garlic.
- Deglaze the pan with the Bourbon and reduce in half.
- Add the beef stock and reduce in half.
- Add the Steen's cane syrup, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Stir well and slowly simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Finish the sauce with the butter and serve immediately.