Recipe by Lori Mama
A ministers wife of ours asked me to bake this loaf for one of the ministers meetings one year. I'm not a big fan of fruit cake, because they're to heavy. I like this one very much. That way I get to enjoy fruit cake at Christmas with everyone else. (I buy the other kind so that my DH won't be deprived)
Top Review by katew
Very enjoyable loaf, great for school lunches too. Especially great is the low sugar content. I buttered a big fat slice warm from the oven for my lunch - mmmmm !!! Made for Holiday Tag.
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry
- 1⁄2 cup glazed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup mixed peel
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 4 ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle a small amount of flour over the fruit.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat together the egg, milk and oil.
- Add wet mixture along with fruit to dry ingrefients and blend until all is moistened.
- Turn into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in pre-heated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- You might want to check after 45 minute it depends on your oven.