Recipe by Steve P.
A simple and easy to make but oh so yummy recipe. Known as Apple crumble in the UK and Apple Crisp in the US
Top Review by Biscoti
this was DELICIOUS! we made it with double the amount of apples, and triple the topping, but it was still tasty! we also added a pinch of allspice, which worked out really well. just make sure that when mixing the topping ingredients to fully and completely mix them, or else the topping'll turn out flour-y and not as tasty :D
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Put apples in an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and mix.
- Spread crumble mixture over apples and bake for 35 minutes in a 375ºF degree oven.
- For an added treat top off with a little English custard.