Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple and easy to make but oh so yummy recipe. Known as Apple crumble in the UK and Apple Crisp in the US
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- Put apples in an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and mix.
- Spread crumble mixture over apples and bake for 35 minutes in a 375ºF degree oven.
- For an added treat top off with a little English custard.
this was DELICIOUS! we made it with double the amount of apples, and triple the topping, but it was still tasty! we also added a pinch of allspice, which worked out really well. just make sure that when mixing the topping ingredients to fully and completely mix them, or else the topping'll turn out flour-y and not as tasty :D
Fabulous crunchy topping!! I doubled the recipe using a 9X13 pan, worked perfectly. I also added approx 1 cup of toasted walnuts to the topping!
This is now going to be our GO TO recipe for fresh fruit crisps. Thank you for sharing!
Wow wow wow!!! I also doubled this recipe and put it in a 9x13pan. At first it seemed like too much "crisp" but in the end it was great. I did have to grate some frozen butter on top of the whole dish midway through cooking though because the crumble was dry and the butter did not distribute evenly. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top of the apples before putting the crisp on as well. I thought it was really good warm out of the oven, but it was ten times better cold out of the fridge the next day. Delicious and easy.