Recipe by the_allergic_chef
Two deliciously crumbly cookies sandwiched together with a custardy filling...a family favourite! Edmonds is a New Zealand recipe staple, a fail-proof cookbook. In New Zealand I used to make these regularly for my family...they never lasted long!!!
- 175 g butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups high grade flour
- 1⁄2 cup custard powder
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180C or 350°F.
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy and add vanilla essence.
- sift the flour and custard powder and mix sifted ingredients into butter mix.
- roll small teaspoons of dough into balls and place on greased tray. flatten balls slightly with a fork.
- bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Beat all filling ingredients together until combined.
- Sandwich two cookies together with a little butter filling and serve.