This is the classic NZ recipe from the Edmonds cookbook.
Make and share this Edmonds Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Cut butter in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and mix quickly with a knife to a soft dough.
- Knead a few times.
- Lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
- Press scone dough out onto this.
- Cut into 12 even-sized pieces.
- Leave a 2 cm space between scones.
- Brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 220C for 10 minutes or until golden brown.