Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the classic NZ recipe from the Edmonds cookbook.
Make and share this Edmonds Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 75 g butter
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk
- extra milk
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Cut butter in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and mix quickly with a knife to a soft dough.
- Knead a few times.
- Lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
- Press scone dough out onto this.
- Cut into 12 even-sized pieces.
- Leave a 2 cm space between scones.
- Brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 220C for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
I'm an european living in NZ. We invited some British friends for the afternoon tea. I was looking for an easy scons recipe, as I never backed them before. I tried this one and it has become an instant success! I've made them several times since then, we just love this scons with jam and cream. And they are realy easy to make. ( I use food processor)
this is the base to many amazing scones - my fav is cin/sultana, just add to this recipe 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of sultana's. keep dough quite wet do not knead to much just till combined. makes light scones. Yummy!!!!!
great recipe. I like to add 1 cup of cheese and about a 1/4 of a onion, finely chopped and microwaved for 1 minute in about 15gms of butter to soften. Delish!