1/6 Photos of Edmonds Ginger Crunch
This recipe is only found in the Edmonds cook book. This famous recipe from New Zealand is to die for. I grew up eating this and I can tell you, it's fantastic! I hope that people in different countries will love this just as we do here in New Zealand! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder and ginger together.
- 3Mix into creamed mixture.
- 4Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Knead well.
- 5Press dough into a greased 20x30cm sponge roll tin.
- 6Bake at 190C (375F) for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
- 7When there is about 5 minutes of cooking time left, combine butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and ginger.
- 8Heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- 9Pour hot ginger icing over base while hot and cut into squares before it gets cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edmonds Ginger Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 75.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g