Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is only found in the Edmonds cook book. This famous recipe from New Zealand is to die for. I grew up eating this and I can tell you, it's fantastic! I hope that people in different countries will love this just as we do here in New Zealand! Enjoy!
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder and ginger together.
- Mix into creamed mixture.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Knead well.
- Press dough into a greased 20x30cm sponge roll tin.
- Bake at 190C (375F) for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
- When there is about 5 minutes of cooking time left, combine butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and ginger.
- Heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour hot ginger icing over base while hot and cut into squares before it gets cold.
this was my first ever thing I learned to bake when I was 4 years old back in NZ! I was so devistated when I lost my Edmonds book last year and for the life of me couldnt remember the recipe! Thankyou so much Chelsea!!! I love ginger, so always double that part, and loads of icing, so I double that too! The hardest part of this, is waiting for it to cool to be able to eat it! LOVE IT!
You can't beat the recipes in the Edmonds cook book delic
Fantastic recipe - my all time favourite ginger crunch recipe. I like to add finely sliced