Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the "All in the Family Cookbook" --our favorite show second only to I love Lucy.
Make and share this Edith Bunker's Potted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt, for flour
- 0.59 ml pepper, for flour
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 453.59 g can tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1360.77 g chicken, cut up
- Put flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a plastic bag and shake the chicken parts in it.
- Heat butter in the bottom of a dutch oven and add onion-cook until golden.
- Brown chicken in the same pot and keep turning while its getting brown.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, sugar. salt and garlic powder and stir it all around to mix.
- Cover pot and turn heat to low. Cook chicken until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper at the end to your liking.