1/2 Photos of Edie's Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
1 hr 10 mins
From a TOH booklet I found at a yard sale and submitted by Edie D. from Utah. This makes 2 loaves so beware! It freezes well but if you really only want one loaf, please halve the recipe. A pretty easy recipe to stir up. Moist and full of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded (wash and clean or cut off any bad marks, but leave on peel)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Prepare two 8x4x2 inch loaf pans by spraying with non-stick spray or greasing with butter or shortening.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 3In another bowl, beat the eggs, applesauce, oil, orange peel and vanilla.
- 4Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened (do not over mix or it will cause a very dense bread).
- 5Gently fold in the zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips.
- 6Transfer batter evenly into the two prepared bread loaf pans.
- 7Bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes or until a pick comes out clean from the center.
- 8Cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting bread onto wire rack to cool completely.
- 9Do not attempt to slice until bread is completely cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edie's Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g