Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is light and moist and tasty enough to eat without frosting. We usually add a dollop of whipped cream and eat it warm from the oven...YUM!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup soured milk or 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend together the dry ingredients.
- Add bananas, vanilla and milk to the butter/sugar mixture alternately with the dry ingredients, beating well.
- Bake in greased and floured 9x13 pan at 350 degrees, checking for doneness after 45 minutes (in my oven it usually takes about 50-55 minutes).
Flavor is good. Dense; much more like banana bread than cake. Batter is much thicker and drier (simular to bread dough) than usual cake batter; did not rise much.
Hi Kitchen Queen :-)....made your Easiest Banana cake....oh, my....what a hit, I'm with Edie, this will be sure to be a family favorite, the only change I made, was I baked mine in a 9x5-in loaf pan, it still turned out great...wonderful taste, and very easy to make...just what I like! This is a keeper...thanx "Kitchen Queen" for a wonderful recipe:...keep up the good work :-) :-)
This cake is great! My family just loved it. It is so quick and simple! It will definatly become a family favorite !! E.J. of PA