Recipe by Kitchen Queen
This cake is light and moist and tasty enough to eat without frosting. We usually add a dollop of whipped cream and eat it warm from the oven...YUM!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup soured milk or 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend together the dry ingredients.
- Add bananas, vanilla and milk to the butter/sugar mixture alternately with the dry ingredients, beating well.
- Bake in greased and floured 9x13 pan at 350 degrees, checking for doneness after 45 minutes (in my oven it usually takes about 50-55 minutes).