Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe that I got from a C.N.A.who used to work with me. She got it from a former co-worker. It is easy and very delicious. I like it with cornbread to soak up the "pot likker"
- 16 ounces frozen collard greens
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb smoked turkey wings
- 1 yellow onion, small, kept whole
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- Place collard greens in bottom of large pot.
- Cover greens with water.
- Add all ingredients and stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer on low for 2-3 hours.
- Turn off heat.
- Remove onion and discard.
- Great with hot sauce or pepper vinegar.