Recipe by Bev
What a great way to have a picnic! You can eat the basket and not have to carry it back to the car! With this ever-so-easy recipe, you bake your basket - and then you eat it! Fill with chicken and carry to your next picnic! You could also use this recipe to create edible soup bowls, if you divide dough into four parts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove dough from the machine after the dough or manual cycle is completed.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, and carefully form into a ball without punching down.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet and let rise about one hour or until doubled in size.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Hollow out cooled bread like a pumpkin, reserving"lid" to put back on.
- Butter inside and fill with: i.e. fried chicken.
- Replace lid and wrap in heavy duty foil, then news paper, then foil again.
- Bread and chicken will stay warm all day!
- Success Hints: Use to make edible soup bowls.