1/1 Photo of Edible Monster Mouths
Per www.education.com, "Your child will love nothing more than combining his two favorite parts of the day: snack time and playtime! This crazy monster mouth is almost as fun to create as it is to enjoy. So, go ahead: Give your child permission to play with his food! Your young chef will improve his fine motor skills as he creates zany edible art."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before you begin, cut the apple into wedges and slices (I used a slice for the bottom for stability and then a wedge for the upper lip but you don't have to get that complicated).
- 2Stick a toothpick in the bottom of each of the large, halved marshmallows. Dip each Cheerio (or raisin) in a bit of peanut butter and place in middle of marshmallow to resemble an eyeball.
- 3Give your child two apple wedges that will represent the lips of the monster mouth; dry them off on a paper towel.
- 4Spread peanut butter on one side of each wedge.
- 5Place 1 piece of apricot, sticky side down on the bottom of the mouth for a tongue.
- 6Place a line of 4 mini-marshmallows into the peanut butter along the bottom apple wedge (you need to put extra peanut butter on the mini-marshmallow that goes rests on the apricot). These will be the monster's teeth!
- 7Stack the other apple wedge, peanut butter side down, on top of the marshmallows and press down slightly.
- 8Take two of the eyeballs on toothpicks and place in the top of the top lip.
- 9The monster mouth is finished! Your child should feel free to play with his food before eating up this healthy snack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edible Monster Mouths
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Cheerios toasted oat cereal