Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Baking for an event? Decorate your next cupcake or cake with these beautiful, inexpensive, easy, yummy flowers! This uses raw egg so use with caution.
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 small fresh edible flowers, leaves (and or mint leaves or violets or rose petals or miniature rose petals or borage blossoms or pansies)
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently rinse the flowers and leaves in icy cold water, remove the stems and set on a paper towel to dry.
- Put the egg white and water in a small bowl and whip lightly with a fork, or hand-held whisk, allow to sit until the foam settles.
- Fill a small, shallow plate with the sugar.
- When the flowers are completely dry use a clean soft paint brush to paint one side of the blossom with the egg wash, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Lay each blossom on waxed paper and set aside to dry.
- When dry repeat the process on the other side, let air dry. Do not try to speed up the process by placing them in an oven, even at low temperature;this will turn them brown! Once they're completely dry use the to decorate all your wonderful confections!
- They can be stored in airtight containers for several months.