Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was reading the message boards and someone was looking for different ideas for Easter Baskets! Then I remembered this and though it's too late for this year, maybe you'll try this for next year or for any special day! The kids love it! I've made small bowls and filled it with candy at a buffet table and also on the coffee table with munchies...another great recipe card idea...can't take the credit.
For the Cookies
- 295.73 ml flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 59.14 ml blanched slivered almond, finely ground
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.16 ml butter (soft)
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, almonds and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer til light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture, beating until dough forms about 2 minutes.
- Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use a 1-1/2" cookie cutter with scalloped edges and cut out shapes.
- Making the basket: Cover the outside of a loaf pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cover the pan with the dough cutouts (overlapping slightly) and pressing gently.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Cool completely before removing the cookie basket.
- You can mold the cookie dough around different shaped oven-proof bowls too.