I was reading the message boards and someone was looking for different ideas for Easter Baskets! Then I remembered this and though it's too late for this year, maybe you'll try this for next year or for any special day! The kids love it! I've made small bowls and filled it with candy at a buffet table and also on the coffee table with munchies...another great recipe card idea...can't take the credit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cookies
- 1In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, almonds and salt; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer til light and fluffy.
- 3Add flour mixture, beating until dough forms about 2 minutes.
- 4Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 5Use a 1-1/2" cookie cutter with scalloped edges and cut out shapes.
- 6Making the basket: Cover the outside of a loaf pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- 7Cover the pan with the dough cutouts (overlapping slightly) and pressing gently.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- 9Cool completely before removing the cookie basket.
- 10You can mold the cookie dough around different shaped oven-proof bowls too.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edible Cookie Basket
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1883.2
- Calories from Fat 691
- Total Fat 76.8 g
- Saturated Fat 35.8 g
- Cholesterol 333.6 mg
- Sodium 1582.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 284.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.2 g
- Sugars 137.5 g
- Protein 39.3 g