Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
We served these appetizers at a dinner party we catered and the only problem was, we ran out! They are awesome! You can make up the skewers ahead of time for your guess or allow them to do make up their own. Feel free to use any flavor of vodka you like. Plain, citrus, etc. Enjoy!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup peppar vodka
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 8 ounces stuffed green olives, small
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese cubes
- 24 toothpicks, round
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse tomatoes and removes stems.
- Skewer tomatoes 6 times with a toothpick.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and cover with vodka. Allow to marinate for several hours. *Drain off the vodka and reserve for drinkable Bloody Marys.
- For skewers:.
- Place small green stuffed olives in bowl #1.
- Place cheddar cheese cubes in bowl #2.
- For dipping:.
- Combine the salt and thyme in a small bowl #3.
- Place celery salt into small bowl #4.
- Let your guests skewer the tomatoes, cheese and olives and dip in their favorite seasoning.