Recipe by Edesia
I got this recipe from a woman in Texas. Everyone absolutely loves it. Loaded with butter and sugar, it tastes like dessert! I make it every Thanksgiving and everyone asks to take the leftovers home with them. If you like things less sweet, cut back on the white sugar.
Top Review by ~Robyn~
This was the star of my Thanksgiving feast! I roasted 5 sweet potatoes then peeled them easily and used Splenda in place of the white sugar. This was a hit with my sweet potato "haters" too! This will be an annual Thanksgiving dinner recipe from now on. Thank you!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes, 2/3 cup butter, salt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and 4 tsp flour. Pour into a greased 9 x 13” casserole dish.
- Combine brown sugar, remaining butter, and remaining flour; mix together until crumbly. Add pecans. Put on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until set in the middle.