Recipe by Edesia
This is the easiest slow cooker recipe I've ever made. It takes all of five minutes to throw into the slow cooker and you end up with a simple, but tasty and filling, dinner. This is a Rachael Ray recipe that I adapted for the slow cooker.
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1/2 tsp fresh)
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken broth in slow cooker. Add tomato sauce and whisk to combine. Add chicken, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add onions and thyme and cook an additional 3 hours. Put couscous into a small bowl. Add 1 cup of cooking liquid from slow cooker. Cover bowl tightly and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork.
- To serve, place couscous in a bowl. Remove chicken and veggies with a slotted spoon and place on top of the couscous. Spoon some of the broth over it if desired.