Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
An out-of-the-ordinary pasta sauce recipe I came up with one evening when I was scraping the bottom of the pantry barrel. It's super easy to make if you use canned squash puree like I did. My favorite way to serve it is with gnocchi, but you can use any pasta you like. A nice change from the usual tomato, alfredo, and pesto sauces.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add sage and turn down to medium-low. The sage should get soft but not fry.
- Add squash puree and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Turn heat back up and let it simmer and reduce down a bit.
- Serve 1/2 cup of sauce with 1 lb. of your favorite pasta.
- Freeze the remaining 1/2 cup portions individually for use later.
Big hit with the family, served over fusilli. Thanks!
Excellent dish. I had to use up a butternut squash, so roasted it along with some garlic cloves, pureed along with the seasoning, salt and pepper. Served over gnocchi as suggested. Delicious! :)