1/2 Photos of Edesia's Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
An out-of-the-ordinary pasta sauce recipe I came up with one evening when I was scraping the bottom of the pantry barrel. It's super easy to make if you use canned squash puree like I did. My favorite way to serve it is with gnocchi, but you can use any pasta you like. A nice change from the usual tomato, alfredo, and pesto sauces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add sage and turn down to medium-low. The sage should get soft but not fry.
- 3Add squash puree and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- 4Turn heat back up and let it simmer and reduce down a bit.
- 5Serve 1/2 cup of sauce with 1 lb. of your favorite pasta.
- 6Freeze the remaining 1/2 cup portions individually for use later.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edesia's Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 21.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.3 g