Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very simple recipe that can be made as a last minute dessert & it's not overly sweet. Make 2 and freeze 1 for any unexpected company; freezes beautifully.
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- whipped cream
- 5 -6 chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small pan over low heat.
- Beat eggs with a whisk until light and foamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, flour, and vanilla to eggs.
- Add butter/chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a well buttered 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 325-350 oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Top with whipped cream; run the chocolate chips over a grater, sprinkle over pie.