Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This pie was a Pillsbury Bake Off Winner about 37 years ago....about 1968 if memory serves me. It was a favorite of mine then and has remained so thru the years. I liken it to a fudgy brownie in pie form, so all you Chocolate Lovers....try this pie. Note: Pie puffs up when baking then settles down to a nice fudgy goodness.
- 2 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter together over low heat.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, beat eggs two minutes until foamy.
- Add the white& brown sugars, beat at high speed one minute.
- Add flour, beat on low speed one minute.
- Add the chocolate-butter mixture and vanilla.
- Beat 1-1/2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into well-greased pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees 40 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts may be added to mixture before baking.