Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Healthy edamame in a tangy vinaigrette. Blanching the celery and onion mellows their flavors so they don't overpower the other ingredients. Originally from a Cooking Light magazine. A delicious side salad that's so good for you!
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add oil, whisking until well blended.
- Cook edamame in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Add onion and celery and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Drain well.
- Add edamame mixture to vinaigrette; toss well to coat.
- Stir in parsley.
- Chill at least 1 hour and serve.
I love edamame; somehow, it just seemed like the red onion and celery shouldn't be there!! I didn't use the oil, and I used a teaspoon of dried parsley. If I'd make this again, I'd scale back on the other ingredients so that the edamame can be more front and center. Thanks for posting!