Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great appetizer, this recipe can be heated up by adding more red chili flakes. A great replacement for chips at a dinner party or while watching the game for those watching their carb intake.
- 12 -16 ounces frozen edamame, in their shells cooked according to directions
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- chili flakes (I use about 1 Tbs.)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Add canola oil to wok or deep sided frying pan over medium high heat.
- When hot but not smoking add garlic and chili flakes and stir fry for about 30 seconds until garlic just starts to turn golden brown.
- Lower heat to Medium and add already cooked edamame. Stir fry until well coated and warm, about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and stir until mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve in a big bowl. Eat beans by pulling shell gently through teeth.
- Don't forget to eat the garlic!