Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Good Housekeeping Nov 2010, but modified. Used frozen corn and pre-cooked bacon. No bacon grease, so lower cal.
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, precooked
- 12 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-1 . 5-inch lengths
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook carrots in 1/4 cup water, covered, 6 minutes.
- Add edamame and corn and cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl, combine vegetables, lemon peel, lemon juice, chives, cayenne, and salt.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon.