Recipe by WiGal
From Low Fat Low Cholesterol Cookbook. I have not tried yet, but thought it sounded good.
Top Review by nemokitty
Loved this healthy dish!! I love edamame so this was perfect for us. I didn't have a summer squash and I added quite a bit more garlic. It was very good and I'll make this again. Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2010.
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium garlic
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon green chili pepper, from a can, drained & diced
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄16 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the edamame and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the soybeans are tender.
- Drain well.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and lightly spray with vegetable oil spray (being careful not to spray near a gas flame.).
- Return the skillet to the heat and cook the garlic for 30 seconds. Stir in the squash, bell pepper, onion, and corn.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the edamame and remaining ingredients except the cabbage.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the mixture is warmed through.
- To serve, spoon the mixture into serving bowls and garnish with the cabbage.