Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Rick Bayless recipe - I just recently began eating edamame and was looking for yet more ways to prepare them when I ran across this recipe in Whole Foods Market. With this much protein, this salad could easily be served as a main dish.
- 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 (16 ounce) bag edamame, shelled (if frozen, thaw first)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lettuce leaf, for serving (Bibb or Boston)
- Roast the garlic in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, turning frequently until softened (they'll have dark splotches in spots), about 15 minutes. Cool and slip off the papery skins.
- Boil the Edamame beans in salted water to cover until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, cool and pat dry.
- Make the dressing by combining the yogurt, parsley, bell pepper, basil and vinegar.
- Mix beans with dressing and add salt to taste, usually about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Serve the salad on lettuce leaves.