1/1 Photo of Edamame Salad With Baby Beets & Greens
A delicious salad full of protein and fiber! Adapted from Food & Wine magazine, this recipe is by Melissa Clark.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small beets, trimmed (1 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup baby beet leaf (torn into bite size pieces)
- 2 cups edamame, shelled (1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, julienned
- 1Set a steamer in a large saucepan over 1/2 inch of water and bring it to a boil. add the beets, cover and cook over medium heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Check the water level about halfway through, and add more water if needed. Move the beets to a plate.
- 2Steam the edamame in the same steamer until tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse the edamame in cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Peel and cut the beets into wedges.
- 3Stir the rice vinegar with the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and grated ginger. Add the edamame, beets, scallions and beet greens and toss to coat. Sprinkle the basil on top and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edamame Salad With Baby Beets & Greens
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 572.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 18.6 g