Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty and satisfying. Did you know that the protein from soybeans is complete? The only not meat-product to offer this benefit!
- 12 ounces frozen edamame, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the edamame, corn, scallion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a 13 by 9 metal pan and stir to combine. Place on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the edamame begins to brown. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator until completely cool, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the tomato, basil and vinegar to the edamame mixture and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Although the taste was good, the flavors were basically brushetta with corn and edamame