Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. August 2004.
Make and share this Edamame, Quinoa, and Shiitake Mushroom Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan, and cover with water to 2 inches above quinoa. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes.
- Add edamame to quinoa in pan; return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain. Add edamame mixture, mushrooms, and bell pepper to juice mixture; toss well to coat. Cover and chill.
This is a tasty salad!! I used sambal oelek as my hot chile sauce and I did everything but put the 1/2 tsp salt in. Instead, I roasted my shiitakes with a little bit of salt and pepper before adding them to the salad. I thought the soy sauce gave the salad plenty of salt. Thanks for the recipe, enjoyed a great lunch!