1/1 Photo of Edamame Hummus With Pita Crisps
From Cooking Light. Made for the super bowl party and it was a big hit with those that like edamame. It's green when it's done, and a bit thick. Next time, I will thin it a bit more with a bit more water. Delicious with chips too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (6 inch) pita bread, split in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Arrange pita halves in a single layer on oven rack.
- 3Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until crisp, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4Break each pita in half into about 6 chips each.
- 5Prepare edamame according to package directions, omitting salt.
- 6Place 3 tsp oil, salt, cumin, coriander, and garlic in a food processor, and pulse 2 or 3 times or until coarsely chopped.
- 7Add the edamame, parsley, tahini, water, and juice; process 1 minute or until smooth.
- 8Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl.
- 9Drizzle with remaining 1 tsp oil, and sprinkle with paprika.
- 10Serve with pita crisps.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edamame Hummus With Pita Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g