Recipe by Londonsbk
I have tried numerous edamame hummus recipies and I keep coming back to this one. It is simple to make and tastes great. There is a down side to this hummus however, if you have friends over, it disappears too quickly.
- 1⁄2 lb frozen shelled edamame, about 1 1/2 cups (green soy beans)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the beans in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes, or microwave, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix until absorbed.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with remaining oil. Serve with the suggested vegetables, or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.