Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A totally different take on hummus with the exchange of one ingredient. Serve with pita bread.
Make and share this Edamame Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb shelled frozen edamame or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen edamame
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly-grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 -2 garlic clove, smashed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch dried chipotle powder (optional to taste) (optional) or 1 pinch dried ancho chile powder (optional to taste) (optional) or 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- white sesame seeds (optional) or black sesame seed (optional)
- Boil the beans in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes or microwave, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the Edamame beans, tahini, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, coriander and chipotle powder until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil (can add additional if desired) and mix until absorbed and desired consistency.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with remaining oil 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Garnish with sesame seeds.