Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Uses edamame beans instead of garbanzo. Just like traditional hummus can be served with pita bread or veggies whatever you want.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Prepare edamame according to package directions,omitting salt. drain.
- Combine edamame, parsley, tahini, 3 tbsp water, lemon juice, garlic and salt to taste into a food processor; blend1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl.
A nice combination of lemon, sesame and garlic. I couldn't get any tahini, so I used peanut butter and sesame oil in it's place. The interesting thing about this recipe is that the flavor changes depending on what you eat it with. We tried corn tortilla chips, black sesame seed artisan crackers, plain saltine crackers and celery sticks. I preferred the saltine crackers and celery. A very healthy dip alternative. Great recipe Skippy !!! :) I made this for the "Something Old, Something New" event, March 2009.