From Cooking Light, May 2006.
Make and share this Edamame Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed and cooked (green soybeans)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (16 ounce) canother white beans, drained
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
I love this dip; it tastes so fresh and is a nice change of pace from the heavier dips we usually have. I skip the red onion just because I don't like it. Served it with a standard veggie tray.
This dip reminded me some of guacamole...not quite, but almost. I gobbled it with hearty whole grain tortilla chips and also with baby carrots. It was a great snack and light lunch for me, and very filling, as well.