Recipe by Mercy
Serve this dip immediately or refrigerate and serve within a few hours.
Top Review by Rachael Bregman
This was delicious- a real crowd pleasure. IT has a very fresh flavor and I love all the garlic. I blended it to a chunky consistency but think it also would have been interesting with a little more liquid and more pureed
- 16 ounces frozen shelled edamame (podless)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 3⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small Thai red chili peppers, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (2 juicy limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- lime slice, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the edamame in a colander and rinse them under hot running water until they are mostly thawed, about 30 seconds.
- In a food processor, coarsely puree the edamame and the remaining ingredients with 2 tablespoons water, leaving some chunks.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and, if you like, place lime slices on the sides of the bowl as you would for a margarita.