Serve this dip immediately or refrigerate and serve within a few hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces frozen shelled edamame (podless)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 3/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small Thai red chili peppers, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 juicy limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- lime slice, for garnish (optional)
- 1Place the edamame in a colander and rinse them under hot running water until they are mostly thawed, about 30 seconds.
- 2In a food processor, coarsely puree the edamame and the remaining ingredients with 2 tablespoons water, leaving some chunks.
- 3Adjust the seasonings.
- 4Transfer to a serving bowl and, if you like, place lime slices on the sides of the bowl as you would for a margarita.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edamame Dip
Serving Size: 1 (811 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g