Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
Aside from being unbelievably quick and simple, and aside from adding great colour to a holiday table, this dish just tastes really good. I'm never sure how to categorise edamame, which seem like a vegetable but are so high in protein, but I think it makes a great side dish. I like it even better the next day, when the cranberries absorb more liquid and grow quite plump. It's slightly modified from a recipe from Ocean Spray, makers of craisins.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 3 cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- In large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add next 5 ingredients (onions through wasabi) and cook for 2-3 minutes, until sizzling.
- Add edamame and cranberries, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until heated through.