Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. Haven't made this yet, originally from Check Andrew Meek of Sage in Des Moines, Iowa. Looks delicious, and I can't wait to try it.
- Place edamame in large saucepan.
- Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain, set aside.
- Place half of edamame, 1/2 cup broth, and shallots in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour pureed shallot mixture into a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining edamame, 3/4 cup broth, and avocados in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Add pureed avocado mixture to pureed shallot mixture, stire to combine.
- Add 3/4 cup broth, juice, salt, and pepper to pureed mixture; sit well with a whisk.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.