Food & Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb thickly sliced bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges through the root end (3/4 pound)
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed (6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed (6 ounces)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas (6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces aged goat cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Add the bacon and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 2Transfer the bacon to a plate. Add the onion wedges to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until golden and softened, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden, 2 minutes.
- 3Transfer the onions and garlic to a plate.
- 4Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the edamame, peas and sugar snap peas and cook until the sugar snaps are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 5Drain and cool under running water. Pat dry.
- 6In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice with the mustard and the remaining 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- 7Add the edamame, peas, sugar snaps, bacon, onion wedges, garlic and mint. Season the salad with salt and pepper and toss until combined. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the salad and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edamame and Pea Salad With Sweet Onions and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 395.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 19.0 g