Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found this recipe in a Runners World magazine. Tastes great and is a good source of protein and fiber. I usually serve the salsa with pita chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups edamame, shelled
- 1 cup corn
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.
I really enjoyed this salad. I had it as a side dish to a veggie burger. I didnt have any red onion on hand so I used green onion and added half of a avacado I had in my fridge. I plan on making this often, thanks for posting!
This was a very unique salad. My friends and I enjoyed it. I actually used more tomatoes, garlic and lime juice to enhance the flavour.
This is a really beautiful salad. Definitely let it sit for awhile. Preferably over night. I liked it over some grilled chicken. I did feel like it was missing something though I can't put my finger on what... Maybe a little more balsamic and some zest? Thanks for a great one to try!