Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe makes 1 serving. Triple the recipe to use the whole can of beans.
Make and share this Edamame and Bean Salad With Shrimp and Fresh Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1⁄2 cup cooked small shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Cook edamame according to package directions (they can be cooked in microwave in minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine edamame, shrimp, cannellini beans, cherry tomatoes, onion and jalapeño pepper.
- Combine cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over edamame mixture, and toss gently to combine; cover and chill.
Everyone loved this salad-so light and refreshing-and pretty, too! The textures and flavors went so well together. Thank you, Barb, for a DELICIOUS recipe!!! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
Found this is in the Best of Cooking Light cookbook! Great flavors and textures but I had to add a little more salt, lime juice and olive oil because it seemed a little dry. This has a summery, fresh and light taste and has wonderful color! Thanks for posting!
This is a great recipe! I made it for the first time this summer after seeing it in a Cooking Light magazine. Lots of light summertime flavours and a variety of textures. I've included a photo of my personal rendition. You can see I added tiger shrimp in place of small salad shrimp. Either way it is a fantastic dish!