Chicken breasts stuffed with Edam cheese, semi-dried tomatoes and wrapped in Italian Ham. This is a great entertaining recipe as it can be prepared ahead and cooked last minute.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Remove the small fillet from the underside of each chicken breast and set to one side. Using a sharp knife make a vertical cut down the length of each chicken breast, but not all the way through to form a pocket.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Edam, tomatoes, thyme and season well.
- Spoon the Edam mixture into each chicken breast pocket. Fold over the flaps of the pocket and cover with the reserved chicken fillets to enclose the filling.
- Wrap 1 ½ slices of prosciutto around each breast.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan, lay in the chicken and sear for 2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice each chicken breast in half on the diagonal and serve straight away with your choice of accompaniment(s).