Recipe by Trinkets
My husband loves to cook and when he creates it's usually very different and outstanding. He created this sauce for grilled Cobia (Lemonfish) the weekend we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. It would be great for any firm meated fish or even grilled chicken.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 lime, zest of, finely diced
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 1-2 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 177.44 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 22.18 ml butter
- 0 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic chives, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat small sauce pan on medium flame and add olive oil.
- Saute onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapenos, and lime zest and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and lime juice and reduce by 1/3.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ½ coconut milk and reduce 5 minutes. Continue to add coconut milk as needed. (This will depend on your taste, if you like thinner or thicker sauces.).
- Finally, whisk in the butter and remove from the heat, add cilantro and chives.
- Serve over fish or on the side.